Tax Senior Staff Accountant
Are You Ready to Take Control of Your Career Path?
We have an excellent partner-track opportunity for an experienced and motivated Tax Senior to join our Farmington, CT office.
UHY Advisors, Inc. is one of the leading professional services firms in the US. UHY LLP, certified public accountants, and UHY Advisors, Inc. work together in an alternative practice structure, to provide comprehensive audit, tax, advisory and related services to clients in a wide range of industries. We serve companies ranging from mid-sized to the Fortune 500, throughout the United States and around the globe. We have offices across the US and, as a founder and independent member of UHY International, we have access to international resources in nearly 330 business centers and in excess of 100 countries.
Our firm’s commitment to client service is personable, value-added and cost-effective. Our goal is to exceed your expectations on every engagement. We share our clients’ vision to improve profitability, enhance growth, avoid financial pitfalls, minimize taxes and preserve wealth. It’s a philosophy we call “The Next Level of Service”.
The Tax practice works with various enterprises - hot technology start-ups, dynamic middle-market entities, closely held businesses - helping them navigate the ever-changing business environment and tax landscape. From ensuring accuracy of accounting books and records and preparing tax filings to the planning for mergers and acquisitions or expansions to foreign markets, we tackle it all with personal attention and dedication. It is your chance to see the entire business cycle, from setting up payroll taxes for a brand-new start-up to a multi-million dollar exit.
- Prepare tax returns for partnerships, corporations, and individuals
- Prepare estimates, extensions, projections; participate in consulting and other special projects
- Recognize and research tax issues
- Work under the supervision of managers and partners keeping them updated on the status of the projects
- Start building lasting relationships with clients
- Build tax technical knowledge base and develop proficiency in tax software
- Participate in firm’s marketing, recruiting, team-building, and similar efforts
- Adhere to firm’s policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Time management, multitasking, and ability to maintain poise and professionalism during stressful periods
- Dependability, integrity, and trustworthiness combined with a team mentality
- Strong computer skills and the ability to work in a paperless environment
- Willingness to learn and keep up with tax change
- Compensation competitively on the role, credentials, and experience
- Discretionary annual bonus plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Continuous learning opportunities and CPE classes
- Great prospects for career advancement
- Exposure to a wide variety of clients
- Work/life balance
- Amazing family-like culture of a small office with the benefits of a large firm
Experience and Education
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years in relevant position
- Must be a CPA or in process
- Must maintain required CPE credits annually