Chelsea Groton is looking to hire a motivated and dynamic individual for our Accounting/Finance Department. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and perform a wide range of financial functions, including planning and analysist functions, within established bank policies and operating procedures. Become a member of a positive, versatile and inclusive team that promotes self-development and empowerment for the benefit of our customers and our community.
Responsibilities and Requirements vary based on job level. Expectations include:
- Reviews and approves the quarterly Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) reserve, including analysis of qualitative and quantitative factors such as economic conditions and delinquency trending as well as impaired loan review; reviews the CECL justification memo and board reporting package.
- Reviews quarterly Lease Accounting reporting and develops capitalization schedule for new lease contracts.
- Interprets and oversees the implementation of new accounting standards; reviews and updates internal accounting policies with internal and external auditors, tax advisors, and regulators to ensure compliance and maximize internal accounting control.
- Assists with the budgeting planning process; develops and enhances budget information processes and ongoing reporting.
- Serves as a resource and provides guidance for complex questions or procedural information for staff; researches and resolves more complex problems.
The Bank has been named a Top Workplace in Connecticut since 2016. And with good reason! Our team members are encouraged and empowered to be better, go further, and help others. And there are lots of other perks too – competitive salary, 401(k) plan, paid time off, health benefits, wellness and engagement programs, leadership training, professional development, and learning opportunities for all team members, and more! Several members of the Bank’s team have been recognized in our industry and throughout the community by earning awards such as the Connecticut Bankers Association New Leaders in Banking, ICBA Forty Under 40, The Day Forty Under 40, Banking New England Women of FIRE, and more.
At Chelsea Groton, we don’t just meet the expectations of our community; we exceed them in the ways we, as a mutual bank, do business, and how we support local organizations financially and through volunteerism. We are focused on bringing together the best in digital, remote, and in-person capabilities. Our approach is designed around the lives of our customers so they can manage finances when, where and how they want, and team members can provide support to our customers in more ways too.
Apply today to join a company named Best Bank by The Day (2015 – present), Top Workplace by the Hartford Courant (2016 – present), and one of Forbes Best-In-State Banks (2021, 2022)!
Responsible for adhering to Bank policies and procedures relating to regulatory compliance requirements applicable to the job function including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, and Fair Lending. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Member FDIC.