Board and Committee Members for Glastonbury Arts
GLASTONBURY ARTS IS SEEKING NEW BOARD and COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Join Glastonbury Arts TODAY and find a creative way to serve your community and meet new friends!
For over 60 years, our small non-profit art organization has been dedicated to enriching the cultural life of our local community. Through art programs, exhibitions and classroom instruction, lectures and demonstrations, art scholarships and mentoring, our mission brings together artists, art loving people of all ages, and our community to engage in and foster a sincere appreciation for art.
Our annual and ongoing “happenings” include:
- On the Green Fine Art and Craft Show
- Capital Campaign Renovation Project
- Got Art Free Artist Lectures and Demonstrations
- Adult, Teen and Children’s Art Instruction
- Artist Workshops (including Plein Air Painting)
- President’s Appreciation Party
- Social Media/Website/Marketing Outreach
- Membership Drive
- Building and Grounds Beautification
- Gallery Events
- Grant Writing
We welcome new Board or committee members to join our team in any capacity, yet currently have the following specific needs for lead volunteers. If interested in only joining a committee, not the Board, that’s fine too.
*Think about sharing one of these roles with a colleague or friend…the more the merrier!
- Webmaster – create and update content on our website on a timely basis.
- Got-Art Chairperson(s)* – manage and support our free artist lecture and demonstration series.
- “On the Green” Planning Committee* – help chairperson and other committee members manage various aspects of show planning.
- Membership Engagement* – manage and grow our membership base.
- Grant Writer – some experience seeking grant opportunities and submitting grant applications to support our capital campaign renovation project.
We welcome the opportunity to share our experiences and to answer any questions you may have about joining our Board or any of our committees. Please visit our website, www.GlastonburyArts.org to see some of the great things we do!
Hope to hear from you soon and feel free to email me directly with your interest or for more information.
Sharon Dalicandro, Executive Director / 860-729-1550