POSTED OCTOBER 19, 2023 AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. THIS ROLE IS 15 HOURS PER WEEK WITH A MONDAY-FRIDAY FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, AND IS GRANT-FUNDED THROUGH THE NEXT 10 YEARS.
Under broad supervision of the Director of Youth and Family Services, incumbent performs substance use assessments and provides substance abuse counseling services for individuals, couples and families who are Town residents or have children in the Glastonbury School System. Consults with school personnel, police and other professionals to coordinate interventions and services.
- Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessments, treatment plans and ongoing evaluation, using a multicultural lens.
- Develops evidence-based treatment plans in collaboration with clients; in an accessible way, explains presenting concerns and treatment methods that honors client autonomy and reinforces client strengths.
- Provides counseling to diverse clients, ensuring engagement is client-focused and therapeutic in nature.
- Documents informed consent; documents therapeutic interventions and client response and progress; maintains records and ensures confidentiality and security of such.
- Provides assessment and referral to appropriate levels of care for clients struggling with substance use. Collaborates with other agencies and community partners.
- Presents educational talks to the community and/or schools on various topics of mental health, substance abuse and other issues relating to psychological development.
- Works with school personnel to provide individual supportive counseling and psycho-educational group treatment for children and youth who are struggling with substance use.
- Maintains knowledge base and improves skills through current research literature, participation in professional associations, professional development workshops and training.
- Provide residents or family members with information about addiction issues and other available services and programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information in compliance with HIPAA
- Represents the Town in a professional and courteous manner; observes and respects the dignity of all persons
- Observes safe work practices
- Regularly attends and is punctual for work
- Works evenings, as scheduled
NOTE: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task and responsibility. Incumbent must be able to perform essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.