Registered Physical Therapist
Position: Registered Physical Therapist
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: Clinical Hours - $45.00 - $50.00/hr
Non-Clinical Hours - $28.00 - $33.00/hr
Who are we?
As a nonprofit organization, Easterseals Capital Region & Eastern Connecticut (ESCREC) is leading the way to 100% equity and inclusion in our community—an organization that recognizes that our differences are our strengths. Easterseals Capital Region & Eastern Connecticut provides programs and services that enhance quality of life and provide expanded access to healthcare, education, and employment opportunities for those with disabilities and our Veteran population, which we have proudly done for 75 years.
What’s in it for you?
ECREC is seeking a part-time Registered Physical Therapist who will work with our Medical Rehabilitation team to help patients recover from their injuries and improve mobility. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, work collaboratively with a team of healthcare professionals, and be empathetic and patient focused.
- 100% retirement match on the first 5% of your contribution
- Paid holidays and time off
- Secure document and electronics destruction for you and your household
- Professional development and training opportunities
What will you do?
- Provide treatment to patients, including therapeutic exercises, stretches, and modalities.
- Instruct patients in exercises and techniques to aid in their recovery.
- Monitor and document patient progress accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback to the Medical Rehabilitation team regarding patient progress and any issues that arise.
- Assist with patient transfers and positioning to ensure patient safety and comfort.
- Maintain equipment and treatment areas, ensuring they are clean, organized, and properly functioning.
- Communicate with the Medical Rehabilitation team and other healthcare professionals regarding patient care and progress.
- Keep up-to-date on new treatment techniques, equipment, and technologies and incorporate them into patient care as appropriate.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings.
Skills and requirements
- Active Connecticut license as a Physical Therapist.
- CPR certification.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of healthcare professionals to provide high-quality patient care.
- Compassionate and patient-focused, with a dedication to improving patients' quality of life.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and follow HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to lift/reposition patients, using adaptive equipment when needed.
- Active APTA membership desirable.
All qualified applicants to Easterseals Capital Region and Eastern Connecticut are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $50.00 per hour
- Rehabilitation center
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- State of Connecticut PT license (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple locations