Community Relations Specialist
Position: Community Relations Specialist
Employment type: Full-time
Location: East Hartford, Saratoga Springs and nearby markets
- Role reports directly to the Community Relations Vice President
- No relocation package provided
As North America’s leading privately-owned open access fiber optic network developer operating in the last mile – we are delivering networks which are inspiring freedom of choice and excellent customer service. SiFi Networks is delivering open access fiber networks right across the US called FiberCities™, called so because fiber passes every single home and business in the city and Smart City access points are put in place as standard, developing a future proofed city for generations to come.
SiFi Networks is looking for an experienced customer relations professional to join the team. Your assigned territory will initially cover East Hartford and Saratoga Springs and surrounding markets that may become FiberCities™.You must be a highly motivated self-starter, have strong organizational and communication skills and be able to work in both an office and field environment. Field time 80%, Office time 20%.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
As a Community Relations Specialist, you will have the responsibility to ensure the communication and coordination of field work is happening to the SiFi standards and process and procedures.
- Communicate to community stakeholders about the project: including construction schedules, process, technology, and issues that may arise.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution and communication of projects to the streets under/close to construction. Manage any issues/concerns/complaints that may arise in current/past work zones.
- Ensure project processes are being followed as it relates to communications to residents, tenants, and businesses.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents to successfully promote SiFi networks, as well as to resolve issues amicably that may arise.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to project communications, issues, and reporting.
- Liaise with City officials, if necessary.
- Review and coordinate communications as it relates to the overall program, with SiFi vendors/partners.
- Safety coordination with assigned contractors.
- Help communicate regarding SiFi processes in city streets, homeowners associations, multi-family dwellings and businesses, using approved marketing materials.
- Supporting QA/QC of all elements of the project in line with SiFi specified standards.
- 3+ years customer service or related fields.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.