Community Calendar Guidelines
Items submitted to the Community Calendar must be open to the general public and meet at least one of the following guidelines:
- Activity sponsored by a Glastonbury/East Hartford/Marlborough-based organization, school or business;
- Activity held in Glastonbury/East Hartford/Marlborough;
- Activity host must be a current CT River Valley Chamber member.
Examples of acceptable listings:
- Cultural enrichment happenings
- Carnivals, fairs, festivals, parades, antique shows, car rallies, dances, banquets
- Public-sponsored events and not-for-profit fundraisers
- Art, music and entertainment events such as concerts, shows and theater
- Business and educational workshops, expos and seminars
- Health, nutrition, fitness and wellness programs and clinics
- Town-wide picnics, gatherings, events, lectures
- Renowned speakers, performers, groups, and artists
- Referendums, elections, public hearings, etc.
- Towns of Glastonbury/East Hartford events of community interest. (Library, Emergency Preparedness, Voter Reg, etc.)
Examples it is not for:
- Sales pitches, recruiting, proselytizing
- Regularly occurring athletic events, fitness classes, religious services and normal school session
- Weekly bingo or other games
- Private events
- Individual tag sales
- Individual retail store offers, sale advertisements
- Organizations may submit up to 8 events per month.
- The CT River Valley Chamber reserves the right to review, edit and/or reject any posting that is offensive, inflammatory, discriminatory, inappropriate, or fails to meet the guidelines.