Capital Workforce Partners COVID-19 Response
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Capital Workforce Partners is taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety and well-being of both staff and customers.
Capital Workforce Partners Administrative Office and all American Job Centers in the North Central Region of CT will be closed to the public.
Capital Workforce Partners through the American Job Centers (AJC) continues to serve clients virtually and by phone. In an effort to continue to address the community’s workforce needs, we have set up a “Job Seeker and Employer Help Line” designed to provide potential temporary employment options and support to individuals who may have been dislocated due to COVID-19. This may consist of referring individuals to temporary job opportunities, to community partners and programs, as well as directly to AJC programs working through a virtual model.
UCONN Family Business Internship Program | Summer 2020The UConn Family Business Program is offering families an opportunity to hire a student intern through our Family Business Internship Program. This is just one way we support Connecticut's family-owned businesses. If you are interested, or know a family business that could use some help, let us know.Past summer interns assisted family businesses with projects covering the areas listed below. But, don't let that stop you from suggesting other ideas you may have for an intern to help you solve a particular challenge.UConn business students are skilled in:
- CWP is leading an effort with a number of significant partners to support a new US DOL Youth Apprenticeship application, which would support 900 registered apprenticeships over four years.
- Effective immediately, CWP has updated American Job Center services to be accessible through a dedicated toll-free Job Seeker and Employer Call Center at 860-406-3374. The Call Center will operate Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is equipped to serve both employers seeking assistance and job seekers. The Call Center will also offer supplemental assistance for general information on unemployment compensation and provides bilingual service support for Spanish speaking individuals.
- Accounting/finance: budgeting, costing projects
- Event coordination and project management
- Marketing/sales support: branding, social media
- Operations and logistics
- Internship lasts for 10 weeks over the summer
- Students expected to work at least 30 hours/week
- Interns are compensated by the company $4,000 for the 10-week period
- Eligible students have completed their sophomore year and earned at least a 3.0/4.0 GPA
- Scholarships may be available to help with funds.