Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
- Date: 05/20/2023 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Town of Manchester
321 Olcott Street
Household Hazardous Waste events provide an opportunity to safely dispose of paints and stains, acids, insecticides, herbicides, fertilizers, chemicals, household cleaning products and other hazardous materials which may have accumulated at your home. Please leave all materials in original containers.
Appointments are Required
Appointments can be made online here
, or by calling CREOC at (860) 647-5278. You can also scan the QR code below to make an appointment. If a collection date is filled up, please make an appointment for a different date.
Scan to make an appointment here:
2023 Collection Events
Collection events will be held on the Saturday dates below.
Glastonbury residents may attend between the hours of 8:00 am - 1:00 pm at 321 Olcott Street in Manchester, CT.
- May 20
- June 17
- July 19, Wednesday - Evening Event, 3pm to 7pm
- August 19
- September 16
- October 21
- November 18
From Route 384 Exit 1, Spencer Street, left on Spencer at 4th traffic signal take left onto Olcott Street, facility on left. Olcott Street is at the intersection with Hartford Road.
At the Collection Event
- Proof of Residency (driver's license, tax bill or vehicle registration) is required.
- No trailers or work vans permitted.
- HHW shall be in disposable container(s). CONTAINERS WILL NOT BE RETURNED. For example, old gasoline must be in a disposal container.
- All paint shall be separated from other HHW material. This will allow staff to process vehicles more efficiently.
DO NOT BRING
- Used oil and anti-freeze are NOT accepted. These items may be brought the Transfer Station.
- Asbestos Waste is NOT accepted.
Residents can conveniently dispose of Oil and Latex paint and stain products for free, year-round at disposal sites that participate in Connecticut's PaintCare program.
Locally, Katz Hardware, 2687 Main Street and Sherwin-Williams Paint Store, 2945 Main Street are participants in the program and materials can be brought to their Glastonbury facilities as well. Please note, there is a 5 gallon maximum limit per visit. Visit http://paintcare.org
for more information.