Join us for a local hike to the Blackledge Falls! This is a relatively short hike to an impressive natural feature right here in Glastonbury. The hike will be about 1 – 1 ½ miles. We will determine our route the day of the hike depending on the trail conditions. We will hike at a moderate pace and expect the hike to last about an hour.
Here are the details:
- Due to limited parking at the trail head, we will all meet at the Glastonbury Fields parking lot and carpool to the trail head about a mile up the road. The Glastonbury Fields are behind the firehouse on Manchester Road (across from the Highland Park Market). We will leave the parking lot at 11:00 so plan to arrive earlier.
- The trail is relatively easy with limited elevation gain and a few roots/rocks. There are a couple steeper sections as we near the waterfalls.
- You need to dress appropriately for a winter hike. Dress in layers, wear a winter hat and gloves and bring a backpack to store your layers if you shed them.
- If there is snow on the ground, we highly suggest winter boots and/or micro spikes.
- If you have trouble finding us or need to contact the hike organizer, call or text Scott Reed at 860-942-3373.
- Rain, sleet, freezing rain or severe cold will cancel the hike.